Latest service update
(COVID-19) Coronavirus restrictions: what you can and cannot do.
For full listing: (COVID-19) Coronavirus restrictions: what you can and cannot do – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
We are open for business and our services are continuing to run but with some changes to ensure the health and safety of all our cleaners and clients during the outbreak.
The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are recent onset of any of the following:
- a new continuous cough
- a high temperature
- a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)
For most people, coronavirus (COVID-19) will be a mild illness. However, if you have any of the symptoms above you must stay at home and arrange to have a test to see if you have COVID-19. Further government guidance for households with possible coronavirus (COVID-19) infection can be found here.
What are we doing?
We want to inform you of the actions we are taking as a business to protect our cleaners and our clients as far as possible during the COVID-19 outbreak. You will, of course, know the government have ordered people to stay at home wherever possible but with a few exceptions. On the other hand, we don’t need to point out that a clean house is even more essential during these times.
- We are in constant contact with our staff and clients to take and follow all precautions given by the government.
- If you or anyone in your household has any symptoms, please let us and your cleaner know as soon as possible.
- We have also informed our cleaners to do the same if they or anyone in their household displays any symptoms.
- We will try to ensure that the same cleaner attends the same client with the same cleaning materials to prevent cross-contamination.
- Maid In Chelsea Cleaning Services and our cleaners would like to thank you for your continued support at this difficult time, it is much appreciated.
For the safety of both Clients and Cleaners, we have introduced the following rules
- Cleaners must not clean if anyone in their household has symptoms (however mild), shielding or self-isolating.
- Clients must not allow cleaning if anyone in their household has symptoms (however mild), shielding or self-isolating.
- Clients must stay in a different room to the cleaner. Social distancing of at least 2 metres must be maintained at all times.
All cleaners must follow our detailed cleaning and safety guidelines
These are based on the latest guidelines from Public Health England, Health Protection Scotland and the NHS.
- Thoroughly wash their hands before, during and after their cleaning with warm soapy water.
- Surfaces should be cleaned using regular products and then where possible, disinfected using a product that is certified to kill 99.9% of germs, such as Dettol Antibacterial Surface Cleaner Spray or Xtra Protect Sanitiser
- Special attention should be paid to “high touched” areas such as door and cupboard handles, light switches, TV remotes, tables, countertops etc
- Warm water (not hot or cold) should be used when cleaning surfaces and mopping floors, to maximise the effectiveness of cleaning products
- Use disposable or machine washable gloves
- Open windows where possible for ventilation
- Wash cleaning cloths and mop covers at a high temperature (60°C or above) after every use
- Avoid shaking dirty laundry and soft furnishings such as bathmats and rugs