Terms & Conditions
TERMS OF BUSINESS TRADING AGREEMENT (BTA) BETWEEN ‘CUSTOMER AND MAID IN CHELSEA SPECILAISED CLEANING SERVICES (MAIDINC)
All business transactions between Maid In Chelsea Cleaning and the customer shall be governed by our billing documentation and the BTA
- ‘MaidInC’ – means Maid In Chelsea Specialised Cleaning Services (registered in England and Wages, Registration Number 12655600) trading as Maid In Chelsea Specialised Cleaning Services;
- ‘Cleaner’ – means the legal person carrying out cleaning services on behalf of MaidInC;
- ‘Client’ – means the person, firm or corporate body together with any subsidiary or associated company as defined by the Companies Act 2006 to whom the cleaning services are supplied by MaidInC;
- ‘Services’ – means the ordinary Service that MaidInC and the Client are contracted for. This can be regular domestic cleaning, commercial cleaning, a one-off deep cleaning, one-off end of tenancy cleaning or after builders cleaning;
- ‘Fee’ – means the agreed amount payable by the Client to MaidInC for the Service provided.
- ‘Allocation or Allocated’ – means the date when the first Cleaner allocated by The Company meets with the Client for the first time.
- ‘Notice’ – means any written notice sent to and by MaidInC whether by email, text message or post to notify of changes in the contract or raise a complaint.
- This BTA alongside our invoice forms and constitutes the whole agreement between the Customer and MaidInC. and cannot be amended unless agreed in writing by MaidInC. and the Customer. If a court finds any clause unenforceable then the remainder of the BTA shall remain workable and intact.
- The whole BTA shall be interpreted in accordance with the current law of the United Kingdom.
3) Provision of the Service & Remittance
- The services to be provided by MaidInC under this BTA shall commence on the day of the first clean unless the customer exercises their right to cancellation as described in section G, and shall comprise of access to MaidInC’s database of (vetted for introduction) cleaners and the services set out at section E. If MaidInC considers it necessary to make variations in the service supply, MaidInC reserves the right to make these variations as it sees fit. All cleaners available for introduction shall be vetted using all reasonable endeavours to an extent that MaidInC considers fit in its sole discretion.
- MaidInC will introduce within a one-week period a new Cleaner as a replacement if the originally introduced Cleaner is not available due to illness or any other reason. All efforts will be made to ensure an immediate replacement is arranged;
- Should the Client not be satisfied with the service, MaidInC will introduce a new Cleaner where a minimum one-week notice is served by the Client. MaidInC commits to provide replacement as soon as possible after the notice is received and mutual understanding of the required quality and time is achieved;
- MaidInC will liaise with both the Cleaner and the Client to ensure that quality of work is maintained and time preferences (including cancellations) coordinated; there is no limit to the number of times a Client can contact MaidInC and ask for advice or assistance;
- The Client agrees that the price they have been quoted does not include anything apart from cleaning labour as detailed before signing up for MaidInC’s services. Should the Client require any further services a discussion with MaidInC is necessary and if additional services or cleaning materials are agreed upon, a new quote will be provided;
- Estimates of time for completing a job are based on average time it takes to clean a property of similar size to that of the Client’s and flexibility in relation to time is required on the Client’s part. It must be noted that one-off cleans may take longer to complete due to intervals between cleaning sessions, number and type of cleaning tasks required, when compared to the regular maintenance cleaning of the same property.
- MaidInC does offer the following types of one-off cleaning services: deep clean, after builder’s clean, end of tenancy, commercial clean, after party clean, Spring clean, Odour removal and Ozone disinfectant. The conditions of conducting these services will depend on the selected type and payment and cancellation will take place according to the quote provided and the provisions of these Terms and Conditions as listed below.
- Unless the Client explicitly withdraws permission in writing, our Cleaners and staff are allowed to take pictures or videos of the property as proof of performance. No person shall be on any of the photos or videos.
- Minimum booking time for a regular service is 3 hours, for deep-cleaning session is 4 hours and for end-of-tenancy or after-builders cleaning is 5 hours.
- MaidInC reserves the right to claim interest at market rates for overdue invoices
- Where the customer cancels an appointment with less than 12 hours’ notice the customer shall pay to the cleaner a late cancellation charge of £7.50.
- We are paid on completion of the work with cash or cheque, bank transfer, debit or credit card.
- Please give us one-month notice if you no longer require our services.
- If the Client lends the Cleaner the keys to their properly, then MaidInC will return the keys to the property via cleaner or by registered mail when no longer needed.
- Responsibility for all payments to the cleaner shall at all times remain with MaidInC.
5) Insurance Cover
- All MaidInC cleaners whose services are used by the customer will be covered primarily by the customer ‘s own insurance policies and as a contingency, covered by MaidInC public liability policy which has a limit of £5 million of public liability including damage or loss to the customer on the express condition that such loss and /or damage is caused by negligence of the cleaner who was introduced by MaidInC
- The policy covers damage or loss on an indemnity basis provided that the damage or loss in each event is greater than £250 and the policy does not cover possession or property theft, MaidInC cannot accept liability for the first £250 of each item in any claim, which shall be for the customers account. The policy covers damage that the cleaner might cause when carrying out his or her duties and is subject to other terms which are available upon request. You are also recommended to check the scope of cover provided by your own household policy.
6) Liability Exclusion
- Nothing excludes or limits MaidInC’s liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or for any matter which it would be illegal for MaidInC to exclude or attempt to exclude its liability, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or due to a breach of the terms implied by Part II of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982.
- Subject to this, our total liability howsoever arising in connection with these Terms, the provision of the cleaning services or the agreement between Client and MaidInC shall be limited to £5 million and MaidInC shall not be liable for any losses or claims for compensation which do not arise as a direct result of the provision of the cleaning services by MaidInC to the Client. Corrections on the above terms and conditions can be made with the mutual agreement of MaidInC and the Client; these can be sent to MaidInC via email or post;
- MaidInC shall not be liable under any circumstances for any loss, expense, damage, delay, costs or compensation (whether direct, indirect or consequential) which may be suffered or incurred by the Client arising from or in any way connected with a late arrival of MaidInC Cleaners at the Service address. Cleaners endeavour to be right on time on any visit but sometimes due to transport-related and other problems which are beyond the MaidInC’s control, Cleaner may arrive with a delay or the cleaning visit may be rescheduled;
- MaidInC accepts no liability for any failure of service in any way relating to this BTA including ‘acts of god ’
- MaidInC shall not be liable under any circumstances for any loss, expense, damage, delay, costs or compensation, whether direct, indirect or consequential, which may be suffered or incurred by the Client arising from or in any way connected with:
- A cleaning job not completed due to the lack of suitable equipment, lack of hot water or electricity, or equipment not being in full working order;
- Third parties entering or present at the Client’s premises during the cleaning process;
- An existing damage to Client’s property in the form of old stains/burns/spillages etc. which cannot be cleaned/removed completely by the Cleaner using the Client’s cleaning equipment and materials;
- Any damages caused by faulty or not in full working order equipment or materials supplied by the Client;
- Any claim for compensation for damage or delays or expenses should be made to MaidInC within 30 days.
7) MaidinC Shall:
a.a.a) Advertise for cleaners
a.a.b) Interview cleaners in their own homes
a.a.c) Reference and ID check cleaners.
a.a.d) Check that the cleaner is eligible to work legally in the UK.
a.a.e) Provide the most suitable cleaner to the customer
a.a.f) When requested, arrange for a replacement cleaner if the usual cleaner is on holiday, poorly or if the customer is unhappy with the cleaner.
a.a.g) Use reasonable endeavour to provide a prompt reply service to issues or questions raised by the customer when required within a 24-hour notice period
a.a.h) Comply within the terms of the law at all times
a.a.i) Provide insurance cover as detailed elsewhere.
8) The customer shall:
a.a) Notify MaidInC of any amendments to the times or daily schedules that the introduced cleaner attends.
a.b) Arrange for work direction periods and tasks providing clear work requests.
a.c) Provide one full day’s period of notice to the introduced cleaner and MaidInC of any amendments to existing work arrangements, including that of requesting a replacement introduced cleaner.
a.d) Contact MaidInC directly if a temporary cleaner is required due to the regular cleaner’s illness or holiday as replacements are not automatically supplied, as not all customers require them (due to key handling etc)
a.e) Inform MaidInC regarding the intention to employ a MaidInC introduced cleaner or dismiss a cleaner introduced by MaidInC.
a.f) Accept a cleaner on a ‘non-preferred day’ if a cleaner is being sought by MaidInC or on holiday or during cleaner sickness periods.
9) Cleaner employment statues
- The cleaners are Self-employed and are responsible for their own tax affairs. However, we pay our staff minimum wage only while training and this is increases as soon as they training is completed and also aim to give them a maximum of 8 hours work each day (apart from exceptional circumstances).
- Where our employee is a foreigner national resident in the UK, we check their passport and visa states to ensure they are legally entitled to work here.
- The customer has the right to cancel the BTA within an initial ‘cooling off ‘period of 5 calendar days from date of requesting the service. Notice should be provided in writing by post or email to the address on the letterhead. If this right to cancel is exercised, the customer shall not be liable for any sums to MaidInC unless the customer specifically asked for the service to begin before the end of the cooling period.
- MaidInC can terminate the BTA with the customer at any time by writing to the customer fiving the lesser of 2 months’ prior notice or notice in accordance with the billing letter.
- For the period of 18 months following termination of this agreement the Client will not employ or use the services of any Cleaner who is or has been contracted as a Cleaner through the Company or introduce the same person to any other company except through MaidInC. If the Client is found to be in breach of the above clause it is agreed an immediate compensation fee of £500.00 will be paid by the Client to The Company. The Cleaners have signed on an agreement to support this.
11) Referral Rewards
For each new client we gain as a result of your recommendation of our services we will offer you a 10% discount on your next bill or a Mark and Spencer / John Lewis voucher to the same value.